PLAY WITH THE PROS
Now in its Fifth Season, Play with the Pros Chamber Music program is a one-of-a-kind partnership with The Philadelphia Orchestra. Our program offers highly
individualized, personal instruction from artists of The Philadelphia
Orchestra, and rewarding opportunities for performance at the
We are pleased to announce this season's Concerto Competition for participants of the Saratoga Harp Colony
- Repertoire is the George Frideric Handel "Concerto for Harp in B Flat" (all editions are acceptable).
- Each contestant should prepare a personally-selected cadenza. If unpublished, be prepared to submit a score.
- Competition to be held on Friday, August 9, 3 PM at the Zankel Music Center.
- Jury will be comprised of SHC faculty and members of The Philadelphia Orchestra
- The winner will rehearse and perform with a quartet from The Philadelphia Orchestra at the Zankel Music Center, Skidmore College, Sunday, August 7, 5 PM
- Open to all participating SHC harpists
- The concerto must be prepared in its entirety and fully memorized.
- There is a $50 participation fee.
- Requests for participation should be made on the ONLINE APPLICATION at the time of applying for the SHC.
SHC PRACTICE RETREAT
Welcome to our 1st Season of the SHC Practice Retreat! We are pleased to offer personally-designed residencies for the harpist looking for a less-structured SHC experience. Whether you are a professional seeking an environment to help you prepare for the coming season or a mature student honing your skills for the next major competition, the SHC is the right place for you.
- Two day minimum, $150 a day including room and board.
- For harpists at least 21 years of age.
- Private lessons are avilable and should be requested at the time of application (additional fee required).
- Participation in most SHC events, to include seminars, mock auditions (partipation only; prizes are limited to full SHC participants; comments will be given to ALL participants) and Philadelphia Orchestra concerts.
- Participation in the Master Teacher Series may be requested contingent on space availability.
- For scheduling inquiries, please contact Maryanne Meyer, Artistic Coordinator for the SHC at Maryanne.email@example.com .
- To apply, please use our ONLINE APPLICATION. Please submit a $25 processing fee along with your current resume. Note: the Teacher Recommendation and recording is waived for SHC PR participants.
- Please be aware that rental harps may be available but the number of harps is limited and priority will be give to Full SHC participants. The harp rental fee will be determined on your length of stay.
Copyright © 2011 The Saratoga Harp Colony